Roof replacement is a big investment with significant financial implications. You want to hire the best roofing company available. But how will you determine the most competent one?
Aspects like licensure and insurance are fundamental for any sincere roofing team. It’s also essential to consider the experience of your prospect. However, some companies claim to have been in the industry for years but still deliver substandard work.
Among other considerations, you can separate experts from amateurs by checking reviews and certifications. Customer satisfaction and connections with industry leaders can reveal the overall proficiency of a roofing company. Let’s elaborate.
Credentials and Certifications
Roofing contractors and companies acquire credentials upon the successful completion of specialized training programs. Through certification, manufacturers attest to the expertise of a roofing company. Don’t confuse this with having a license, which permits your roofer to practice in a given region after meeting the minimum requirements.
Finding a contractor with certifications eliminates the hassle of evaluating their qualifications and expertise. Some credentialing bodies for roofing companies include but are not limited to CertainTeed and GAF.
Hire a Certified Roofer
A habitable and comfortable home requires a top-notch roofing process. It’s crucial to let a competent roofing team undertake the job right from the planning level to the completion of the roof. The roofing company must demonstrate knowledge and expertise throughout the project. Here are some great perks of choosing a credentialed roofer:
- Exceptional Work – Before certification, roofing technicians undergo rigorous training and testing. You can rest assured of roof integrity after a credentialed company installs your roof.
- Valuable Advice – Apart from skill, certified roofers have an expansive knowledge of roofing materials. They know which shingles are best for which types of houses and climate. The roofing company can give excellent advice and recommendations and answer any questions about the roofing process.
- Extended Warranties – If your roofing tech offers extended manufacturer warranties, the benefits extend beyond what a standard warranty provides. Such plans may cover costs for disposal, replacement, labor, and workmanship.
Reviews and Testimonials
A roofer may have a fantastic profile, but you can never be sure if they will hit the mark. An ideal way of reaffirming their ability is to seek the opinion of their other clients. You can do this by looking up the contractor’s reviews.
Roof technician reviews and testimonials act as word of mouth. If you look for them in the right places, you will find unbiased information about the roofer you want to hire. You can tell who to trust or disregard based on customer feedback.
Positive feedback is a great sign. However, there is a possibility of getting a negative review over the years, even with many outstanding experiences. Which is good – you can see how the contractor handles disputes. Reputable contractors seek to solve disagreements amicably.
When searching for a roofing company, the overall rating and the number of ratings is what matters. For instance, a score of 4.98 on a scale of 5.0 stars means a 99.6 percent rate of customer satisfaction. It’s hard for any contractor to maintain five stars.
Echols Certifications and Testimonials
Below are some of the certifications, membership programs, and review programs available for roofers in Atlanta, GA.
- GAF Master Elite Certification – This certification program by GAF offers ongoing training to roofing contractors to assure homeowners of professional roofing. Only two percent of companies are GAF Master Elite Contractors. To qualify, roofing companies must be:
- Properly licensed
- Sufficiently insured
- Committed to ongoing training
- Have verifiable reputation
- CertainTeed Master Shingle Applicator – The program provides an extensive education in shingle installation. It covers topics like roof systems, product installation instructions, flashing, estimating, professional practices, and more. To become a CertainTeed Master Shingle Applicator, contractors must pass the Master Shingle Applicator test.
- Hardie Siding Preferred Contractor – The James Hardie Contractor Alliance matches property owners with the best contractors around. The organization conducts rigorous customer satisfaction surveys before adding a preferred contractor to its portfolio. Members must meet:
- Best industry practices
- A satisfactory credit report
- State licensure
- $1 million liability insurance
- Workman’s compensation insurance
- Positive feedback by the last six clients
- Home Reports Best Pick™ – Home reports is an annual journal featuring the leading local service providers based on customer feedback. Among the ‘Best Pick’ is the best home improvement company in the region for each year.
- RMCA Membership – Georgia Roofing & Sheet Metal Contractors Association is a nonprofit representing first-rate roofing companies and contractors across Georgia. It promotes the roofing industry and creates awareness about the contribution of various stakeholders in the sector.
For the guarantee of impeccable roof repair and replacement, look for an accredited roofing company with an outstanding reputation. Echols Home Improvements has got you covered in Atlanta. Contact us today for superior roofing services!